These printable alphabet playdough mats for kindergarten and preschool are bound to get your students excited about identifying letters and beginning sounds. Perfect for use during morning work or literacy centers, each playdough alphabet mat provides opportunities for building letters, identifying beginning sounds of pictures and tracing each letter.
These printable alphabet playdough activity mats are provided in one or two letter format (lowercase and uppercase on the one mat) and both short and long vowel sound mats are included for each of the vowels. Preparation is simple, just print and laminate, and these beginning sound playdough mats can be used again and again by your students during morning work or literacy centers.
For a closer look at this fun, hands-on printable alphabet playdough mat resource, check out the preview below:
What’s included in this Alphabet Building and Tracing Activity:
- 31 Uppercase and Lowercase Playdough Mats – one for each consonant, two for each vowel featuring long and short vowel sounds
- 26 Uppercase Playdough Mats – one for each letter of the alphabet
- 26 Lowercase Playdough Mats – one for each letter of the alphabet
Who is this Printable Alphabet Playdough Mat Activity best suited to?
This alphabet linking block activity is perfect for use with preschool or kindergarten students.
How do I prepare this Hands-on Alphabet Playdough Mat Activity?
- Print your desired pages
- Either laminate or insert into a page protector.
- Provide students with playdough to build the letters and a whiteboard marker to circle the correct letters and trace and write the letters.
How are these Alphabet Beginning Sound Activity Mats best used?
- As part of your morning work
- During literacy centers
- With small groups of students