What’s included in this Ocean Activities Pack?
Literacy Activities Include:
- My Ocean Animal Mini Book: Featuring pictures of each animal to color and a simple sentence to read.
- Alphabet Trace: Students trace uppercase and lowercase letters to practice letter formation.
- 3-Part Cards: Featuring a range of ocean animal vocabulary and matching pictures.
- Vocabulary Match: Students draw a line to match the picture to the vocabulary word.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Search: Students search for and dot the target letter on each page.
- Writing Pages: Each page features dotted writing lines and an ocean animal picture prompt.
Math Activities Include:
- Count the Animals: Students count and record how many they can find of each animal.
- Counting Puzzles: Fun picture skip counting puzzles including counting by 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s.
- Count and Clip Cards: Students count the animals and clip the correct number.
- Size Sequencing Cards: Students order the pictures in order according to their size.
- Number Cards: Featuring pictures, numerals and number words, these cards can be matched or used for different games.
Fine Motor Skills Activities Include:
- Trace the Lines: Students practice their fine motor skills by tracing the various lines on this worksheet.
- Do-A-Dot Pages: Students use a bingo or stamp marker to dot each spot on these picture activity cards.
- Coloring Pages: Students color the ocean animals and trace their name.
- Cutting Practice: Students use scissors to cut along the different lines.
- Fingerprint Activity: Students use paint to dot their fingerprint on each spot on these activity cards.
Other Themed Activities Include:
- Animal Sort: A cut and paste sorting worksheets where students decide if an animal lives on the land or in the ocean.
- Ocean Animal Bingo: Including calling cards and both color and black and white game boards for students to color.
- Puppets: Attach each of these ocean animals to paddle pop sticks for dramatic play and role playing experiences.
- Puzzles: 2- and 4-piece picture puzzles featuring themed pictures and vocabulary.
- Patterning Worksheets: Including What Comes Next? and Complete the Pattern.
- Dice Game: Students roll the themed dice and represent the results on a graph.
This Ocean Activities Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work during a unit on ocean animals
⭐ As a math or literacy center activity while learning about animals and habitats
⭐ With small groups of students with a particular focus, e.g. recognising numbers 1 to 10.
How to prepare this Ocean Activities Pack?
✂️ Simply print and laminate each component, if desired.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included where possible to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Pencils / coloring materials
✏️ Bingo markers
✏️ Paddle Pop sticks
✏️ Dry erase markers
✏️ Counters or blocks for Bingo game