Your students will love exploring the planets, space, moon and more with this Solar System Unit resource pack. Use the activities as center activities during a unit on the solar system or as a standalone science lesson.
What’s included in this Solar System Unit Resource Pack?
- Picture Cards: Including the planets, phases of the moon, and more.
- Fact Sheets: Covering a variety of topics including the Milky Way, Solar System, Sun, Moon, Constellations, each planet and more.
- Cut & Paste Worksheets: Including Phases of the Moon, ordering the planet in the Solar System, parts of an astronaut and more.
- Monthly Moon Chart: Perfect for tracking the shape of the moon each day over the course of a month.
- Fact Recording Sheets: Graphic organizers for recording facts about the moon and sun, the planets and a mini fact book.
- Comparison Charts: Including Venn diagrams, sorting activities and more.
- Information Cards: Information on each of the planets and the solar system.
- Math Activities: Including counting puzzles, number cards to 10, count the planets worksheets, cut and paste the missing number worksheets, count and clip cards, addition and subtraction problems with themed pictures, and size sequencing cards.
- Literacy Activities: Do-A-Dot letter hunt worksheet, themed writing pages, match the word to the picture and a template to write a letter to an astronaut.
- Fine Motor Skills: Including trace the letters of the vocabulary words, do-a-dot pictures, line tracing sheets, a maze, cutting practice, playdough letter activity, a fingerprint activity and a push pin activity.
- Puzzles: Two-piece picture and word puzzles and four-piece picture puzzles.
- Game: A fun Soar Around the Solar System board game!
- PLUS: A color matching activity, finish the pattern worksheets, and 3-part vocabulary cards.
This Solar System Unit Resource Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ Use individual components as standalone Science or Literacy lessons during a Solar System Unit
⭐ Use activities as literacy or math centers
How to prepare this Solar System Unit Resource Pack?
✂️ Print each worksheet as needed.
✂️ Print and laminate elements that will be used repeatedly, e.g. 3-part vocabulary cards, game board, etc.
✏️ Coloring materials
✏️ Bingo markers