With over 100 pages in this printable Winter Activities Pack, you are bound to find something that engages young learners of all interests and learning styles.
What’s included in this Winter Activities Pack for Kindergarten?
- Winter Words: A one-page winter vocabulary poster featuring 12 words with pictures.
- Marshmallow Numbers: Activity mats where students identify the correct representation of the focus number. Featuring numbers 1 to 10.
- Snowing Letters: Letter identification activity mats where students identify the target letters on the snowballs.
- Match the Buttons: Students match either shape buttons or the printable shape buttons provided to the correct shape on these winter themed pictures.
- Snow Fort Patterns: Students use these pattern cards and counting cubes to replicate and build walls of a snow fort.
- Ice Skating Line Tracing: Laminate these line tracing cards for students to trace the ice skating path using dry erase markers.
- Shape Matching Snowmen: Students match the correct shaped snowman head to its body in this shape matching activity. Two types of cards included – shape and shapes in real life objects.
- Color Matching Mugs: Use these colored mug mats as a base for sorting blocks, counters, buttons or any other colored objects you have in your classroom.
- Build the Snow Globe: Students use the instruction cards to add the correct number of penguins, stars and snowflakes to the snow globe activity mat. Additional cards where students choose their own number of items to add are included as an extension activity.
- Alphabet Snowman: Students build a snowman using a head, the uppercase letter, the lowercase letter and the correct beginning sound picture.
- Crayon Resistant Painting Craft Activity: Students trace the lines on the mittens with crayon then paint each one with watercolor paint to see the lines stand out no matter what color you use!
- How to Dress for Winter: Instruction cards with pictures to demonstrate how to dress for winter and a cut and paste ordering worksheet.
- Winter Playdough Mats: 9 playdough mats for students to make winter themed items such as mittens, a Christmas tree, a snowflake and more.
- Match the Mittens: Students match the patterned mittens together with the option to cut out the holes and join with math links.
- Counting Marshmallows: Students choose a card, count the marshmallows and add the same number of marshmallows to the mug activity mat.
- Counting Snowflakes: Students choose a card, count the snowflakes and add the correct number of math links to the bottom of the card.
- Rhyming Mittens: Print and laminate these cards and students identify the picture and match the rhyming words together. Younger students can simply match the same colored mittens.
- Clothes Sorting: Students sort the clothing cards into summer and winter clothing and place them on the correct activity mats.
- Snow Globe Craft: Color, cut, and glue together the craft according to the directions. Then write your students name on the craft. Optionally, you can add a picture to the snowglobe too.
- 8 No-Prep Worksheets: Including Tracing Numbers, Color the Picture according to the instructions, shape, winter words and emotions, cut and paste worksheets and more.
This Winter Activities Pack for Kindergarten is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As morning work during the winter season
⭐ As literacy and math center activities during December, January and February
⭐ With small groups of students to focus on a particular skill, e.g. counting objects 1 to 10
How to prepare this Winter Activities Pack for Kindergarten?
✂️ Simply print and laminate each component, if desired.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included where possible to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Markers / coloring materials
✏️ Dry erase markers
✏️ Shape buttons (or use the printable buttons provided)
✏️ Counting cubes
✏️ Crayons and watercolor paint
✏️ Math links or paper clips