Explore colors in an engaging and hands-on way with this Color Activity Pack for Kindergarten. Activities include color matching mats, color identification clip cards, playdough mats, resources to create a color bulletin board craft and cotton bud art pages PLUS a set of I Can… instruction cards to explain most of the activities to your students using age-appropriate visuals. Read on for a detailed breakdown of everything included in this huge color activity pack.
What’s included in this Color Activity Pack for Kindergarten?
- I Can…Instruction cards: Age-appropriate visual instructions for your students to follow
- Color identification clip cards: A fun way for students to practice identifying colors
- Colored crayon box templates: Construct each crayon box then students sort the crayon pictures into the correct box
- Color sorting mats: Including 48 picture cards for students to sort
- 8 Color matching mats: Including cars, bugs, fish + more, with pictures of each theme for students to match
- Color sticker pages: Designed for students to add the correct colored dot sticker in each spot
- Cotton Bud Art Pages: One for each color where students add in dots using a cotton bud and fill in the picture
- Rainbow craft: Students cut out each of the rainbow strips and attach them under the cloud
- Color wheel posters: Plus templates for students to color in primary and secondary colors
- Color mixing wheel: A fun, hands-on activity where students explore mixing colors with colored water drops
- Blending colors formula cards: A visual resource to demonstrate color mixing formulas
- Shade cards: Five examples of shades of each color from lightest to darkest
- Color posters: Including color names and example pictures of each color
- Playdough Mats: Students use playdough to follow the shapes and make objects of each color
- Color Mats: Versatile mats which can be used for various color sorting and color identification activities
- My Color Wall resources: Including color names, color posters and pictures of objects in each color – perfect for creating a color bulletin board
- Color Identification Mats: Students identify the correct pictures of the chosen color
- Tracing Cards: Great for developing fine motor skills with a color theme
- Color Mini Books: One mini book for each of the eleven colors including pictures and vocabulary words
- Color Worksheets: A set of 11 worksheets focusing on identifying objects and the name of different colors.
This Color Activity Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work
⭐ During literacy and math centers
⭐ With small groups of students to develop a specific skill in an engaging format, e.g. color identification
How to prepare this Color Activity Pack?
✂️ Simply print and laminate, if desired, to increase durabilty.
✂️ Both color and black-and-white formats are included, where possible, to suit your individual printing needs.