With over 150 pages of activities, your winter centers will be taken care of! Both color and black and white formats are included, where possible, to suit your individual printing needs.
What’s included in this Hibernating Animals Pack?
- Homes of Hibernating Animals
- Animals that Hibernate x 2
- Alphabet Hunt: Students identfy the uppercase and lowercase letter match on each activity mat.
- Flip Books: A cut and paste flip book featuring hibernating animals. Both color and black and white formats are included.
- Parts of a Bear: Including a poster and a cut and paste labeling worksheet.
- Hibernating vs Migrating: Posters with examples of animals for each animal behavior and a cut and paste sorting worksheet.
- Mini Book: A mini book featuring simple sentences and animals that hibernate.
- 3-Part Cards: Featuring animals that hibernate and their homes.
- Cut and Paste Cloze Reading: Students cut and paste the correct vocabulary word into the reading passage.
- Winter Animal Report: A report writing template for students to write about a winter animal.
- Do-A-Dot Alphabet: Students search for and dot the correct matching letter.
- Writing Pages: Themed writing pages including dotted writing lines and a picture prompt.
- Sleeping Bears Counting: A fun bear-themed counting activity featuring numbers 0 to 10.
- Gather the Food: Students choose an instruction card and add the correct number of items to the chipmunks hibernation home.
- Tens Frame Number Match: Students match the numbers to the bear-themed tens frames. Includes a blank tens frame activity mat for students to build their own representations.
- Animals Hibernating Counting: Students read the card and add the correct number of animal tokens to the animal home.
- Bears in the Cave Counting: Each cave features a number from 1 to 10. Students choose a card and add the correct number of bears to the cave.
- Math Link Cards: Students add the correct number of math links to the bottom of each card according to the number displayed.
- Counting Puzzles: Skip counting puzzles featuring pictures of animals hibernating.
- Count the Animals: Students count and record how many there are of each animal.
- Count and Clip Cards: Students count the collection of animals and clip the correct number.
- Size Sequencing Cards: Students order the pictures in order according to their size.
- Number Matching Cards: Use these cards as a Write the Room activity. Includes numerals, pictures and number words.
- Color by Number: Hibernating animal-themed color by number worksheets.
- Cut and Paste Crafts: Including cut and paste bear and hedgehog crafts.
- Animals that Hibernate Hat: Students color and construct a hat featuring pictures of animals that hibernate.
Fine Motor Skills Activities
- Playdough Mats: Students use these fun playdough mats to make different hibernating animals.
- Puzzles: 4-part picture puzzles and picture to vocabulary puzzles.
- Alphabet Trace: Students trace uppercase and lowercase letters to practice letter formation.
- Cutting Practice: Students follow the lines to practice their cutting skills.
- Fingerprint Activity: Students use paint and dot their fingerprint in each of the spots on these animal pictures.
- Coloring Pages: Featuring hibernating animals and their names to trace.
Other Themed Activities
- Hibernation Home Match: Students match the animal to its hibernation home.
- Hibernation Sorting: Students sort the animals according to if their homes are above or below the ground. Includes animal cards and sorting mats, plus cut and paste sorting worksheets.
- Patterning Worksheets: Including What Comes Next? and Complete the Pattern.
- Dice Game: Students roll the hibernating animal dice and represent the results on a graph.
- Matching Worksheets: Students connect the animal to the animal home.
- Puppets: Attach each of these animals and their homes to paddle pop sticks for dramatic play and role playing experiences.
- Themed Worksheets: Including tracing, cut and paste, counting and sorting worksheets.
This Hibernating Animals Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work during winter
⭐ As a math or literacy center during a unit on winter or hibernating animals
⭐ As a whole class lesson when learning about animals or winter habitats
⭐ With small groups of students with a particular focus, e.g. counting objects to 10.
How to prepare this Hibernating Animals Pack?
✂️ Simply print and laminate each component, if desired.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included where possible to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Pencils / coloring materials
✏️ Bingo markers
✏️ Paddle Pop sticks
✏️ Math links