Explore the Hungry Caterpillar story with this extensive activities pack for PreK and kindergarten students. Perfect for learning centers or whole class teaching, both color and black and white formats are included to suit your individual needs.
What’s included in this Hungry Caterpillar Activities Pack?
- Reading: Sequencing cards and cut and paste story sequencing activities, a match the food to the day reading comprehension worksheet, a story map activity,
- Alphabet: Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters, do-a-dot letter identification sheets and a color by letter activity sheet.
- Vocabulary: Including All About Caterpillars and All About Butterflies word maps, a picture to word matching worksheet, a story vocabulary word mat and 3-part vocabulary cards.
- Language Development: Make these puppets by adding the animal pictures to paddlepop sticks – great for role playing, storytelling and using new vocabulary.
- Fine Motor Skills: Including trace the letters of the story vocabulary words, Trace the Line, Cutting Practice worksheets, a maze activity, playdough and fingerprint picture activities, make a caterpillar or butterfly using playdough with step by step instructions, Do-A-Dot letters and pictures from the story, hole punch or weaving picture cards,
- Math: Including a count to five mini book, counting worksheets, counting puzzles, count and clip cards, addition and subtraction using pictures from the story and numeral, measure the caterpillar activity cards, trace the number and shapes worksheets, and number word cards with pictures.
- Puzzles: Including 4-piece picture puzzles, 2-piece picture and word puzzles and more.
- Craft: A butterfly template to decorate and a build a caterpillar and butterfly activity by joining each of the body parts and coloring.
- PLUS: A Feed the Caterpillar activity, a themed writing page, size sequencing cards, What comes next? and Finish the Pattern worksheets.
This activity pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work
⭐ During literacy and math centers
⭐ With small groups of students to develop a specific skill in an engaging format, e.g. letter identification or counting to 10
How to prepare this Hungry Caterpillar Activities Pack?
✂️ This pack includes no-prep worksheets and a range of activities that once prepared, are reusable again and again.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included, where possible, to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Coloring materials
✏️ Bingo markers
✏️ Paddlepop sticks
Also, check out the the following blog post to make the most of this amazing resource: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Activities + Printables – Fun with Mama