Your students will love learning about penguins with this Penguin Animal Study and Life Cycle pack. There are also two mini book templates included for students to record what they have learned plus crafts, drawing pages and a playdough activity mat for some hands on penguin themed fun!
What’s included in this Penguin Animal Study Pack?
- Cards containing real life photos of penguins
- Posters featuring real life photos and providing information on eggs, burrows, nests, chicks, creches, appearance, molting, regurgitation, tobogganing, swimming, camouflage, prey, predators and more.
- Penguins – can, have, are
- Penguins, what I know, what I think, what I’ve learned
- Which birds can fly? Picture sort
- Which animals have webbed feet? Picture sort
- Is it a penguin? Picture sort
- Does it hibernate? Picture sort
- Penguins vs Puffins – Venn diagram
- Butterflies and Puffins – What they each can have and what both can have.
- Parts of a Penguin – Two labeled posters and two cut and paste labeling worksheet
- Penguin Life Cycle – A range of posters with varying pictures and labels, cut and paste life cycle worksheets of varying difficulty and four activity boards to order the stages of the penguin life cycle in a linear format.
- All About Penguins Book – A book for children to record facts they have learned about penguins.
- Life Cycle of a Penguin Book – A cute egg-shaped book for students to describe each picture showing the stages of the penguin life cycle.
- Penguin Life Cycle Vocabulary Cards – including chick, fledgling, incubating and more.
- Penguin Craft – cut out the pieces and stick them together to create an adorable penguin. Optional – add a life cycle wheel to your finished penguin.
- How to draw a penguin – Two simple but fun drawing pages
- Penguin Life Cycle Wheel – join the two circles with a split pin to create a fun penguin life cycle wheel
- Penguin Playdough Mat – follow the steps to create a cute penguin using playdough
This Penguin Animal Study Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work during a unit on penguins
⭐ During literacy centers while studying penguins, birds or arctic animals
⭐ As a whole class science or literacy lesson
⭐ To create a classroom display on penguins and/or their life cycle
How to prepare this Penguin Animal Study Pack?
✂️ Print each worksheet or mini book as needed.
✂️ Print and laminate elements that will be used repeatedly, e.g. vocabulary cards, posters, photo cards etc.
✏️ Coloring materials