Students will explore color matching, beginning sounds, counting, 2D shapes and so much more in this Turkey Activities Pack! Both color and black and white formats are provided, where possible, to suit your individual printing needs.
What’s included in this Turkey Activities Pack?
- Color Matching: Featuring a turkey themed color matching mat, a cut and paste turkey color matching worksheet, and a tissue paper color matching craft.
- Beginning Sounds Match Up: Each feather features a picture and students match each one to the correct turkey according to its beginning sound.
- Turkey Number Sense: Each activity mat features a target number and different representations of numbers. Students must identify which representations match the target number. Includes numbers 1 to 10.
- Pom Pom Mats: Five fun Thanksgiving themed mats featuring a picture with spaces for students to place pom poms and the vocabulary word to trace with a dry erase marker.
- Turkey Craft: A cute turkey craft including step by step instructions with pictures and each of the parts of the turkey to paste together. Both color and black and white formats are included so students can color their own turkey, if desired.
- Feather Patterns: These fun feather pattern templates require students to copy or continue the pattern. Use fake feathers, pipe cleaners or popsicle sticks to complete this engaging activity.
- 2D Shapes Matching: Students match the 2D shape card to the corresponding turkey of the same shape.
- Turkey in Disguise: Students read three simple clues to guess who the turkey in disguise is. Then they match the correct picture card of who or what they think it is.
- Turkey Feelings: Including a one-page poster, a blank turkey template to add facial expressions to, feelings cards, an activity to match the turkey feelings to the child’s feelings, and a worksheet where students draw the facial expression on the turkey to match the given feeling.
- Turkey Game Board: Three different game boards featuring letters and numbers.
- Clothespin Counting Feathers: Students identify the number on each turkey, then add the correct number of clothespins as the bird’s feathers.
- Counting Feathers: Each activity mat features a target number, an example of the turkey with the corresponding number of feathers and a large turkey for students to add the correct number of feathers. Includes numbers 1 to 10 and feathers to print and cut.
- Fine Motor Mats: These fun alphabet trace and stamp cards ask students to trace the uppercase and lowercase letters, say the names of the beginning sound pictures and stamp the correct uppercase and lowercase letters in the space provided.
- Counting Cube Mats: Students use unifix cubes to copy the colors and patterns of the feathers on these activity mats.
- Worksheets: Students trace the lines on Turkey Run, color various patterns on Feather Patterns, trace different lines on Trace the Turkey Wings, complete a cute turkey using Color by Code, cut and paste the turkey pictures on Sort by Size, identify the odd one out with Which Does Not Belong? and identify the number and color the correct number of feathers on Color and Count.
This Turkey Activities Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work during November
⭐ During literacy and math centers while learning about Thanksgiving
⭐ With small groups of students to focus on a particular need, e.g. letter identification or counting to 10.
How to prepare this Turkey Activities Pack?
✂️ Simply print and laminate each component, if desired.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included where possible to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Pencils / coloring materials
✏️ Pom poms
✏️ Tissue paper
✏️ Feathers, pipe cleaners or popsicle sticks
✏️ Dice and game pieces or blocks
✏️ Alphabet stamps
✏️ Unifix cubes
Also Save by grabbing this activity pack in the Thanksgiving Bundle.