This Valentine Activity Pack provides opportunities to develop important preschool and kindergarten skills in a fun way including reading and building sight words, matching uppercase and lowercase letters, counting to 10 and much more.
What’s included in this Valentine Activity Pack?
- Alphabet Hunt: Students search for and cover the target letter on each candy heart-themed activity mat.
- Valentine Alphabet Chart: Two variations which can be used in various settings including in your writing station.
- Write the Room Alphabet Matching: Use these two sets of cards, uppercase and lowercase letters, and the recording worksheet to create a fun Write the Room activity.
- Read and Build Sight Words: Students choose a word and add it to the mat, then read it and build it using magnetic letters, playdough stamps, etc.
- 3-Part Cards: Featuring a range of Valentine’s vocabulary and matching pictures.
- Writing Pages: Each page features dotted writing lines and a Valentine’s-themed picture prompt.
- Letter Paint Mats: Students search for and cover the candy hearts containing the target letter.
- Match the Word: Students match the picture to the vocabulary word on this worksheet.
- Do-A-Dot Alphabet: Students search for and dot the correct matching letter.
- Task Card Shape Mats: Match either shape buttons or the shape tokens included to each of the shape mats.
- Stack the Number: Using counting cubes, students stack the correct number of blocks on each number.
- Valentine’s Tens Frames: Students use mini erasers or small objects to build each number on the tens frame, make the numeral out of playdough and trace the number using a dry erase marker.
- Task Card Counting Flowers: Students count the flowers and either write or model the number using magnetic numbers.
- Size Sequencing Cards: Students order the pictures in order according to their size.
- Number Cards: Featuring both numerals and number words, these cards can be matched or used for different games.
- Dominoes: A fun game to play by matching Valentine’s pictures.
- Count the Objects: Students count and record how many there are of each item.
- Count and Clip Cards: Students count the chocolates and clip the correct number.
- Counting Cube Mats: Students use these activity mats to create a Valentine’s themed picture along with the number guide to gather the correct number of blocks of each color.
- Skip Counting Puzzles: Featuring Valentine’s pictures and counting by 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s.
Fine Motor Skills Activities
- Tracing Strips: A set of tracing cards which can be simply printed or laminated for use with dry erase markers.
- Alphabet Tracing: Tracing strips and task cards to practice uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Playdough Mats: Students use these fun playdough mats to make different Valentine themed pictures.
- Cutting Practice: Cutting strips for students to practice using scissors.
- Fingerprint Activity: Students use paint to dot their fingerprint on each spot on these pictures.
Other Themed Activities
- Patterns: Including counting cube color patterns to complete and cut and paste pattern worksheets.
- Other Activities: Including Do-A-Dot pages, a picture dice graphing game, a Love Monster to color and more.
- Puzzles: Picture and picture to word matching puzzles.
- Puppets: Attach each of these characters to paddle pop sticks for dramatic play and role playing experiences.
- Themed Worksheets: Including Name Spelling, tracing and alphabet ordering.
This Valentine Activity Pack is perfect for the following learning settings:
⭐ As part of your morning work during February
⭐ As a math or literacy center during a unit on Valentine’s Day, holidays or celebrations.
⭐ With small groups of students with a particular focus, e.g. counting objects to 10.
How to prepare this Valentine Activity Pack?
✂️ Simply print and laminate each component, if desired.
✂️ Both color and black and white formats are included where possible to suit your individual printing needs.
✏️ Pencils / coloring materials
✏️ Bingo markers
✏️ Paddle Pop sticks
✏️ Counting cubes